About Jennifer Timer and Pacific Well-Being
I'm Jennifer Timer, MSN, Counselor and End of Life Doula based out of Coquitlam, BC.
I have spent decades caring for individuals’ physical and mental health. Now, after being a nurse for over 20 years, I am focused on helping people be well, cope, and be at peace at any stage of life.
Doctorate in Counseling Psychology - in progress
End of Life Innovations and Challenges Certificate
End of Life Doula Certificate
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
BSc in Nursing, specializing in pediatric and critical care
BA in Psychology, specializing in abnormal and cognitive psychology with a Minor in Religion and Culture
My Mission Statement
Through compassionate, evidence-based, heart-felt work:
To sustain or augment an individual's emotional and psychological well-being throughout anxiety, depression, PTSD, grief, or bereavement
To support clients and their families with developing a plan that reflects their values and wishes for their end of life.
I believe in giving back. I'm currently a volunteer Crisis Responder with Kids Help Phone.
Some of the other places I've been fortunate enough to do so include:
- Wilfrid Laurier University Help Line
- Kitchener-Waterloo Hospital In-Patient Psychiatric Ward
- Kitchener-Waterloo Hospital Emergency Department
- McMaster University: Undergraduate Nursing Admissions Committee; Nursing Education Committee; BScN Curriculum Committee; Nursing Mentoring Program
- Region of Waterloo Violence Prevention Committee
- University of British Columbia: Green College Academic Committee; Graduate Student Society Safety and Sustainability Committee; School of Nursing Graduate Program Committee; Faculty Caucus (PhD student representative)
- Langara College, School of Nursing: International Projects Committee; Nursing Education and Resources Committee; Curriculum Renewal Committee; Faculty Development Committee
- Odyssey of the Mind, Coach
- Creative Problem Solving Society, Board Member
- Divine TV Channel, Writer
- Women’s Collaborative Hub, Member and Volunteer